Registration of foreign companies in Sweden

The page was last modified:

If you are a foreign sole trader (a natural person) or represent a foreign company (a legal person) that is liable to pay taxes in Sweden, or if you account for employees, you need to register with the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket). You register a foreign business in Sweden by using an e-service on the Swedish Tax Agency’s website.

A foreign company or sole trader may become liable to pay taxes for value added tax (VAT), employer’s contributions, and/or income tax. If so, the business needs to be registered at the Swedish Tax Agency and may apply for approval of Swedish F-tax.

As a foreign sole trader, or representative of a foreign company, you can use the Swedish Tax Agency’s e-service to

  • apply for a company registration number (if you are representing a legal person)
  • get approval for Swedish F-tax
  • register for value added tax (VAT)
  • register as an employer

In the e-service you can register your business for value added tax (VAT), register as an employer, or apply for approval of Swedish F tax. You can also apply for a Swedish company registration number for a legal person without having to register the company to pay taxes.

Register a foreign company in Sweden at the Swedish Tax Agency
Guide for non-Swedish companies with operations in Sweden

Did you find this information helpful?

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Back to top