Get started - economic association

The page was last modified:

No starting capital is required for an economic association. You need to register the economic association with the Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket). You also need to register your business with the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket).

Company registration

1) Register with the Swedish Companies Registration Office

Registration has to take place no later than six months after the decision was taken to form the association. Following registration, the association becomes a legal person and is provided with nationwide protection for its name. You can use our online service to apply for this permit.

Registration of an economic association (in Swedish)

2) Tax registration

Once the association is registered with the Swedish Companies Registration Office and has been allocated a corporate identity number, you can register the association with the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket). You need to apply for F-tax and VAT registration as well as register as an employer (if you are going to have employes).

You can use our e-services or fill out our form when applying for F-tax.

Apply for F-tax

Read more about F-tax in the Swedish Tax Agency´s brochure

3) Other permits

There might be other permits or registrations that you need to consider when starting your business.

In our service Find permits you can find permits by category or in our list from A to Ö. You can also find information on permits and registrations which are specific for a certain profession.

Find permits

Did you find this information helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Please help us improve by telling us what you think about the page.

Processing of personal data

When you fill in the form, the personal data you include will be collected by the Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket). Bolagsverket is responsible for this data. We store the data so that we can contact you. The data is not used for any other purpose.

More about personal data, your rights and how to complain

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Back to top