Aerial photography

Last updated:2019-07-12

Application for a permit to disseminate photographs taken from aircraft.

About the permission

Permission from Lantmäteriet (The Swedish Mapping, Cadastral and Land Registration Authority) is required to disseminate aerial photographs and similar recordings taken from aircraft flying over Swedish territory. Permission is granted if the dissemination can be deemed unlikely to harm the Swedish Armed Forces.

Prior permission is therefore not required for aerial photography, but permission is always required for any kind of dissemination of the resulting photographs or other recordings.

Permission issuer and supervision

Lantmäteriet is the supervisory authority.

Origin: Swedish Mapping, Cadastral and Land Registration Authority

How to apply

Send your application to Lantmäteriet.

Contact information

+46 771-636363
801 82 GÄVLE

Related pages

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Go to EUGO website

Point of Single Contact is the operative place for the Point of Single Contact for service providers from the European Union. is thereby part of the EUGO network. Visit the EUGO website to easily access all EU online e-government portals.

Companies in other EU/EEA countries

In general you will need the same permit whether you want to permanently establish your business or engage in temporary activities in Sweden. This includes notifications and registrations.

Go to Your Europe website

Your Europe

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries. – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.