Authorisation to operate an insurance business (application)

Last updated: 2022-03-04

Firms that intend to conduct insurance business must have authorisation from the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority.

Authorisation pursuant to the Insurance Business Act (2010:2043) can be granted to an insurance company, a mutual insurance company or an insurance association.

A Swedish insurance undertaking, after notifying the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority, may also conduct insurance business in other EEA countries.

Origin: Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority

Contact information

+46 8-40898000
Box 7821, 103 97 STOCKHOLM

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Go to Your Europe website

Help and advice for EU nationals

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.

I want to leave feedback

Help us improve!

Let us know what you think by rating the page and answering a few questions.