Media and communicationLast updated: 2015-03-11
Here you may find information about permits regarding information and communication services.
- Music agreement with SAMI to play music in public premises
When you play recorded music or have a radio or TV that your customers can listen to, you must pay a fee to the musicians, artists and producers involved.
- Music license from STIM to play music in public premises (application)
When you play music to your customers, you need a license from STIM and from SAMI, the two non-profit organisations that manage rights for songwriters...
- Notification of electronic communications services (telephony and internet services)
Anyone planning to offer certain types of communications networks and services must notify the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority (PTS) before they begin...
- Postal activities
Application for a permit to carry out postal activities.
- Publish a periodical (application)
Those who wish to publish a newspaper/periodical must hold a certificate of publication. A periodical is any printed document with a specific title that is...
- Radio broadcasting (application)
If you want to broadcast local radio, analogue or digital commercial radio, or want a temporary broadcast licence, you must apply for this with the Swedish...
- TV broadcast (application)
If you want to broadcast terrestrial TV, searchable text-TV or require authorisation as a local cable broadcasting organisation, you must apply for a licence...
Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth