Order to pay

The page was last modified:

In a dispute over payment, you can apply for an order to pay with the Swedish Enforcement Authority.

If the counter party does not object to the order to pay, the debt is considered to be established and the Swedish Enforcement Authority (Kronofogden) can help you collect the debt.

If the counter party contests the liability to pay, the matter is turned over to the district court.

If you have debts or are owed money at the Swedish Enforcement Authority

You can apply for an order to pay provided that:

  • the payment due date has passed
  • you are able to affect the debt via a hearing (it can be settled)
  • the debt is monetary

Did you find this information helpful?

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Back to top