The page was last modified:

Find out whether your business activities require a permit or license or are subject to any other notification requirements.

You and your premises may be subject to special requirements. The actual business activities may also be subject to special requirements. Notification, registration and permit requirements are normally covered by legislative provisions.

Find permits

Here you may find if you or your business need a permit. Search by selecting categories or by using the search function.
Find permits

Back to top

Who issues permits?

Licensing and supervisory authorities may be local, regional or national. Local and regional authorities include municipalities, county administrative boards and police authorities. The Swedish Data Inspection Board and the National Food Administration are examples of national authorities.

There may be some variation in the deadline for contacting an authority, the processing time and the level of application and regulatory fees. There are often special forms for providing the information needed.

You can appeal or request a reconsideration of an authority's decision that has gone against you. How and where you do this may vary depending on which authority made the decision and whether you are lodging an appeal or requesting a reconsideration.

Did you find this information helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Please help us improve by telling us what you think about the page.

Processing of personal data

When you fill in the form, the personal data you include will be collected by the Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket). Bolagsverket is responsible for this data. We store the data so that we can contact you. The data is not used for any other purpose.

More about personal data, your rights and how to complain

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Back to top