Buildings, properties and facilities

Here you can read more on permits regarding buildings, properties and facilities.

Permits marked with a form icon are included in the European services directive. You may apply for these permits electronically through this website.

Last updated:2015-03-11

  • Building permit 

    Application for a building permit from the municipality for new buildings, additions or to change the purpose of a building.

  • Chimney-sweeping 

    Property owners who want to clean/sweep chimneys in their own properties must apply for a permit from the municipality.

  • Demolition permits 

    Application for a demolition permit or submitting a notification of demolition in order to demolish buildings.

  • Heat pump 

    If you want to establish a heat pump plant for the extraction of heat from the ground, surface water or groundwater, you must first notify your municipal...

  • Microwave drying 

    Application for a permit from the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority for the use of microwaves to remove moisture from buildings.

  • Sewer 

    Most private sewage systems require permits from the municipal environmental committee (miljönämnd) or equivalent.

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Back to top

Companies in other EU/EEA countries

In general you will need the same permit whether you want to permanently establish your business or engage in temporary activities in Sweden. This includes notifications and registrations.

Point of Single Contact is the operative place for the Point of Single Contact for service providers from the European Union. is thereby part of the EUGO network. Visit the EUGO website to easily access all EU online e-government portals.

Your Europe

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries. – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.