Protect your company against hijackingThe page was last modified:
Company hijacking can affect both businesses and associations. The risk is small, but if you are affected, the consequences can be huge. By noticing early signals, getting a digital mailbox, and using The Swedish Companies Registration Office´s (Bolagsverket) app, you can discover an attempted hijacking in time.
What is a company hijacking?
Film: Get a digital mailbox
This video is in Swedish but you can choose English subtitles. First you have to play the video and then click on the gear for settings in the Youtube menu. Select Undertexter and then Engelska. (Length: 1 minute.)
How can I protect my company against being hijacked?
- Notifications regarding new board members or addresses which have not been requested by the company.
- Mail that goes missing.
- Goods deliveries that go missing.
- Credit check notifications which you did not anticipate.
- Order confirmations or invoices for things that you have not ordered.
If you are the victim of a company hijacking
- Act quickly if something seems strange and you suspect that false information has been registered.
- Contact The Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket), who will check who submitted the new information. +46 (0)771-670670 or e-mail: email@example.com.
- File a police report and send a copy of the police report to The Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket).
- If false information has been registered, you should immediately submit a correction at verksamt.se/andra uppgifter.
- Contact your bank, your suppliers, customers, and partners to confirm what has happened.
Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth