Hydrographic survey

Last updated:2017-06-14

Application for permission to conduct hydrographic surveys within Sweden's territorial waters.

About permission

Hydrographic surveys may not be carried out within Sweden's territorial waters, with the exception of lakes, waterways and channels, without the permission of the Swedish Armed Forces. Permission is granted only if there are special reasons for doing so.

Those responsible for a public port do not, however, need a permit for hydrographic surveys of the port.

Permit issuer and supervision

The Swedish Armed Forces is the supervisory authority.

Origin: Swedish Armed Forces

How to apply

Send an application to the Swedish Armed Forces. You can use our online service to apply for this permit.

Contact information

Försvarsmakten Högkvarteret
+46 8-7887500

Related pages

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Go to EUGO website

Point of Single Contact

Verksamt.se is the operative place for the Point of Single Contact for service providers from the European Union. Verksamt.se is thereby part of the EUGO network. Visit the EUGO website to easily access all EU online e-government portals.

Companies in other EU/EEA countries

In general you will need the same permit whether you want to permanently establish your business or engage in temporary activities in Sweden. This includes notifications and registrations.

Go to Your Europe website

Your Europe

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries. – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.