Last updated:2019-07-12

Application for a permit from Lantmäteriet (the Swedish National Land Survey) for distributing and storing geodata.

About the permit

A permit is required from Lantmäteriet (the Swedish National Land Survey responsible for cadastral services, land registration and geodata) to store or distribute geodata. Geodata refers to conditions on and below the ground surface and on and below the bottoms of lakes and seas. This may include aerial photographs, laser scanning data or maps.

Permit issuer

Lantmäteriet grants permits for the storage of geodata in databases and for the distribution of geodata concerning Sweden's land territory.

Origin: Swedish Mapping, Cadastral and Land Registration Authority

How to apply

Send your application to the Swedish Mapping, Cadastral and Land Registration Authority (Lantmäteriet).

Contact information

+46 771-636363
801 82 GÄVLE

Related pages

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Go to EUGO website

Point of Single Contact is the operative place for the Point of Single Contact for service providers from the European Union. is thereby part of the EUGO network. Visit the EUGO website to easily access all EU online e-government portals.

Companies in other EU/EEA countries

In general you will need the same permit whether you want to permanently establish your business or engage in temporary activities in Sweden. This includes notifications and registrations.

Go to Your Europe website

Your Europe

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries. – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.