Manure pit

Last updated: 2022-09-23

A person intending to establish a manure pit must notify the municipal administration.

A person intending to establish a manure pit or other storage yard for animal faeces in an area with a legally binding development plan must notify the municipal environment and construction administration or equivalent.

How to notify

Send your notification to the municipality, which is also the supervisory authority.

Apply directly to competent authority.

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Go to Your Europe website

Help and advice for EU nationals

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.

I want to leave feedback

Help us improve!

Let us know what you think by rating the page and answering a few questions.