Data protection

Last updated:2015-03-11

The following permits may be relevant for the activity that you are planning on starting up.

Permits marked with a form icon are included in the European services directive. You may apply for these permits electronically through this website.

  • Aerial photography 

    Application for a permit to disseminate photographs taken from aircraft.

  • Collection and storage of personal data 

    Anyone who is going to collect or store personal data must notify the Swedish Data Protection Authority of this.

  • Credit rating agencies (application) 

    Credit-rating agencies collect information regarding the financial position of companies and the financial and personal circumstances of individuals.

  • Geodata 

    Application for a permit from Lantmäteriet (the Swedish National Land Survey) for distributing and storing geodata.

  • Hydrographic survey 

    Application for permission to conduct hydrographic surveys within Sweden's territorial waters.

  • Nautical charts 

    Application for rights of use of Charts.

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Go to EUGO website

Point of Single Contact is the operative place for the Point of Single Contact for service providers from the European Union. is thereby part of the EUGO network. Visit the EUGO website to easily access all EU online e-government portals.

Companies in other EU/EEA countries

In general you will need the same permit whether you want to permanently establish your business or engage in temporary activities in Sweden. This includes notifications and registrations.

Go to Your Europe website

Your Europe

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries. – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.