Gambling and events

Last updated: 2015-03-11

The following permits may be relevant for certain events or gatherings.

  • Amusement games 

    Permit from the Swedish Gambling Authority to set up amusement games.

  • Approval for films (application) 

    If you intended to show a film publicly, and children under the age of 15 might be able to see the film, it must first be classified by the Swedish Media...

  • Circus 

    Notification concerning inspection of a circus.

  • Combat sports events 

    Permit for competitions, training matches and exhibition matches in combat sports.

  • Fireworks 

    You may need a permit to launch fireworks outdoors, indoors and in conjunction with sporting events.

  • Lasers 

    Application for a permit to use a laser or a powerful laser pointer.

  • Music license from STIM to play music in public premises (application) 

    When you play music to your customers, you need a license from STIM and from SAMI, the two non-profit organisations that manage rights for songwriters...

  • Public events 

    A permit is required in order to hold a public event, such as a market, city festival or fair.

  • Public gatherings 

    A permit is required in order to hold a public gathering, such as a demonstration or a concert.

  • Public lottery (application) 

    If you wish to organise a public lottery, you must hold a permit to do so.

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Go to Your Europe website

Help and advice for EU nationals

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.

I want to leave feedback

Help us improve!

Let us know what you think by rating the page and answering a few questions.