Business registration and tax

Last updated: 2015-03-11

The following permits may be relevant for the activity that you are planning on starting up.

  • Branches 

    Registration of a branch with the Swedish Companies Registration Office (applies solely to foreign companies).

  • Economic association/co-operative 

    The registration of an economic association with the Swedish Companies Registration Office.

  • Establishing and registering a foundation 

    Have you established a foundation? If so, in most cases you will need to register it with the County Administrative Board.

  • Freedom from bankruptcy certificate 

    If you are going to apply for a permit or submit a tender in a public procurement process, you may need a Freedom from bankruptcy certificate.

  • F-tax and VAT registration (application) 

    If you wish to start a limited company, trading partnership, limited partnership or co-operative/economic association, you must register the activity with the...

  • Limited company 

    Registration of a limited company with the Swedish Companies Registration Office.

  • Sector permits 

    As a company, you need a permit from the County Administrative Board (Länsstyrelsen) to engage in certain activities.

  • Service providers 

    All service providers must be authorised in order to operate. In addition, the staff of an authorised service provider must be approved by the County...

  • Sole trader 

    Registration as a sole trader with the Swedish Companies Registration Office.

  • Trading partnerships 

    Registration of trading partnerships with the Swedish Companies Registration Office.

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Go to Your Europe website

Help and advice for EU nationals

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.

I want to leave feedback

Help us improve!

Let us know what you think by rating the page and answering a few questions.