Reorientation supportThe page was last modified:
The reorientation support (“omställningsstöd”) is a form of subsidy designed to help businesses with their fixed expenses if they have suffered considerable losses of turnover due to the corona virus. Here is a brief summary of the support. Complete information is available from the Swedish Tax Agency.
When can I apply for the support?
- Support for August-October 2020, November-December 2020, and January-February 2021 can be applied for from 25 February 2021 to 30 April 2021.
- For March, you can apply from 6 April 2021, from 12.00 to 30 June 2021.
- For April, you can apply from 3 May 2021, from 12.00 to 30 June 2021.
You need to make separate applications for each period. You can see if your application has been received when logging into My pages at the Swedish Tax Agency.
Turnover loss for each support period:
- August-October 2020: the loss in turnover must be more than 40 percent compared with the same period in 2019.
- November-December 2020: the loss in turnover must be more than 30 percent compared with the same period in 2019.
- January-February 2021: the loss in turnover must be more than 30 per-cent compared with the same period in 2019.
- March 2021: the turnover loss must be more than 30 percent
- April 2021: the turnover loss must be more than 30 percent
Reorientation support for particularly affected companies
Between March 15 and May 7, 2021, you can apply for reorientation support for particularly affected companies for the period of June-July 2020. The support is similar to previous reorientation support but is calculated differently.
Proposal for extension
The Swedish government has proposed adding Maj to June 2021 as new periods for which companies can apply for adjustment support. No decision has yet been made, but the information is continuously updated.
Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth