Registration of a branch with the Swedish Companies Registration Office (applies solely to foreign companies).
Information about branches
Foreign companies that wish to operate their businesses in Sweden can do so via a branch office with independent management.
The following applies to a branch or branch office:
• A company can only have one branch and it must be represented by a managing director
• The branch is not a separate legal entity, but rather a part of a foreign company
• The branch's business activities in Sweden are subject to Swedish law and Swedish government agencies.
• A branch has no shareholders' equity; its assets are part of the foreign parent company’s total assets.
• A branch it to keep its own accounts, separate from the foreign company.
• The branch’s accounting and administration is to be audited by an authorised public accountant when required.
A foreign company within the European Economic Area (EEA) that carries on temporary business activities consisting of services in Sweden does not need to register a branch.
You register the branch with the Swedish Companies Registration Office.
Origin: Swedish Companies Registration Office
Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth