Trading partnerships

Last updated:2018-01-31

Registration of trading partnerships with the Swedish Companies Registration Office.

Information about the corporate form

Trading partnerships are operated by one or more partners or associates. Partners can be natural or legal persons. In a trading partnership, the partners are personally liable for the business's contracts and debts.

They are jointly and severally liable. This means that a person having a claim on the company can demand payment of the entire amount from any of the partners. The partners are liable for the business's  debts to the entire extent of their net wealth.

A limited partnership is a variant of a trading partnership. In a limited partnership, there is at least one partner whose liability is unlimited, and who is called a general or full partner (komplementär). There is also at least one partner with limited liability who is termed a limited partner or sleeping partner. When you apply to register a trading partnership, you must provide information about the limited partner's liability.


When you start a partnership, you must register it with the Swedish Companies Registration Office. The Swedish Companies Registration Office will then issue the partnership with its corporate identity number. Through registration, the partnership's name is protected in the industry and in the county in which the partnership operates For an extra fee, you can protect the business name in more counties if you so wish.

Origin: Swedish Companies Registration Office

How to register

You register your partnership by sending a form to the Swedish Companies Registration Office. You must pay a fee in conjunction with the registration.

Register via form
To register your partnership by filling in a form, click on "Apply online" below. You must pay a fee before the Swedish Companies Registration Office can begin processing your registration application.

You can find more information on the website of the Swedish Companies Registration Office.

Contact information

+46 771-670670

Related pages

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Point of Single Contact is the operative place for the Point of Single Contact for service providers from the European Union. is thereby part of the EUGO network. Visit the EUGO website to easily access all EU online e-government portals.

Companies in other EU/EEA countries

In general you will need the same permit whether you want to permanently establish your business or engage in temporary activities in Sweden. This includes notifications and registrations.

Your Europe

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries. – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.