Fire, arms and security

The following permits may be relevant for the activity that you are planning on starting up.

Permits marked with a form icon are included in the European services directive. You may apply for these permits electronically through this website.

Last updated:2015-03-11

  • Alarm installation 

    An alarm system is a system installed to emit a signal to a particular alarm recipient in cases of trespass, assault or other similar criminal attacks.

  • Fire protection 

    Under the Civil Protection Act, a person who owns a building and a person who runs a business in that building bear the ultimate responsibility for its fire...

  • Flammable goods 

    An application for a permit from the municipality to handle flammable goods.

  • Import of weapons 

    Importing or for any other reason bringing firearms into Sweden requires a special import licence. The licence is issued by the Swedish Police.

  • Possession of explosive goods 

    Application for permits to acquire, store, trade in and transfer explosive goods within Sweden.

  • Security firms 

    A security firm must be authorised by the county administrative board to be able to conduct its activities.

  • Steward 

    Subject to authorisation as a steward, those not employed as police can be involved in maintaining public order.

  • Trade in weapons 

    A licence to trade in firearms or a licence for a person other than an individual to receive weapons for repairs or servicing is assessed by the Swedish...

  • Transfer of explosive goods 

    Apply for a permit for the transfer and import explosive goods from the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency.

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Back to top

Companies in other EU/EEA countries

In general you will need the same permit whether you want to permanently establish your business or engage in temporary activities in Sweden. This includes notifications and registrations.

Point of Single Contact is the operative place for the Point of Single Contact for service providers from the European Union. is thereby part of the EUGO network. Visit the EUGO website to easily access all EU online e-government portals.

Your Europe

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries. – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.