Healthcare and medicines
Here you find information on permits regarding healthcare.
Permits marked with a form icon are included in the European services directive. You may apply for these permits electronically through this website.
- Circumcision of boys
Application for a permit to the Health and Social Care Inspectorate (IVO) to perform circumcision on boys for non-medical reasons.
- Licence to manufacture pharmaceuticals professionally (application)
A licence from the Swedish Medical Products Agency is required to manufacture pharmaceuticals.
Importing, manufacturing, exporting, trading in or otherwise transferring narcotics.
- Non-prescription (over-the-counter) medicines
Conducting retail sales of certain non-prescription (over-the-counter or OTC) medicines at points of sale other than pharmacies.
- Permission to carry on wholesale trade in pharmaceuticals (application)
Wholesale trade in pharmaceuticals may only be carried on by those who have obtained permission from the Medical Products Agency.
- Permit to operate a pharmacy (application)
A person intending to operate a pharmacy/chemist must apply for a permit from the Medical Products Agency.
- Permit to provide personal assistance services (application)
Businesses that provide personal assistance must apply for a permit from the Health and Social Care Inspectorate (IVO).
Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth