Registration of foreign companies in Sweden

The page was last modified:

If you are a foreign sole trader (a natural person) or represent a foreign company (a legal person) that is liable to pay taxes in Sweden or account for employees you need to register with the Swedish Tax Agency. You register a foreign business in Sweden by using an e-service on the Swedish Tax Agency’s website.

A foreign company or sole trader may become liable to pay taxes for value added tax (VAT), employer’s contributions and/or income tax. If so, the business needs to be registered at the Swedish Tax Agency and may apply for approval of Swedish F-tax.

As a foreign sole trader or representative of a foreign company, you can use the Swedish Tax Agency’s e-service for

  • applying for a company registration number (if you are representing a legal person)
  • approval for Swedish F-tax
  • registering for value added tax (VAT)
  • registering as an employer.

In the e-service you can register the business for value added tax (VAT), as an employer and to apply for approval of Swedish F tax. You can also apply for a Swedish company registration number for a legal person without having to register the company to pay taxes.

Register a foreign company in Sweden at the Swedish Tax Agency

Did you find this information helpful?

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Back to top