Protect your company against hijackingThe page was last modified:
Company hijacking can affect both businesses and associations. The risk is small, but if you are affected, the consequences can be huge. By noticing early signals, getting a digital mailbox, and using The Swedish Companies Registration Office´s (Bolagsverket) app, you can discover an attempted hijacking in time.
What is a company hijacking?
Film: Get a digital mailbox
The film is in Swedish but you can choose English subtitle.
How can I protect my company against being hijacked?
- Notifications regarding new board members or addresses which have not been requested by the company.
- Mail that goes missing.
- Goods deliveries that go missing.
- Credit check notifications which you did not anticipate.
- Order confirmations or invoices for things that you have not ordered.
If you are the victim of a company hijacking
- Act quickly if something seems strange and you suspect that false information has been registered.
- Contact The Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket), who will check who submitted the new information. +46 (0)771-670670 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- File a police report and send a copy of the police report to The Swedish Companies Registration Office (Bolagsverket).
- If false information has been registered, you should immediately submit a correction at verksamt.se/andra uppgifter.
- Contact your bank, your suppliers, customers, and partners to confirm what has happened.
Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth