Which services are covered?

The page was last modified:

Neither the Services Directive nor other legislation specifies the exact services that are covered. The list below covers the services that the competent Swedish authorities (municipalities, County Administrative Boards and public sector agencies) have identified as currently falling within their remit. A list of services not covered by the Directive is provided at the bottom.

You can find more information on authorisation under Find permit

Municipal authorisations, etc

  • Swimming pool facilities
  • Flammable goods
  • Building permit
  • Catering
  • E-cigarettes and refill containers
  • Possession of explosive goods
  • Medium-strong beer
  • Flavouring of schnapps
  • Hygienic piercing treatment
  • Food businesses
  • Environmentally hazardous activities of Type C
  • Tastings of alcoholic beverages
  • Demolition permits
  • Table license
  • Sunbeds
  • Chimney-sweeping
  • Tobacco products
  • Itinerant street trading

County Administrative Board authorisations, etc

  • Vehicle scrappage
  • Circus
  • Animal husbandry
  • Zoo facility
  • Wild animals in zoos
  • Martial arts events
  • Chemical products
  • Protected live animals, trade
  • Taxidermy
  • Temporary exhibition of animals

Public sector agency authorisations, etc

  • Limited company
  • Animal by-products
  • Species classifier
  • Mountain guide
  • Inspection of assembly tents
  • Inspection of funfair facilities
  • Car hire
  • Animal experiment activities
  • Economic association/cooperative
  • Electrical contractor
  • Electric power transmission lines
  • Sole trader
  • Manufacture of explosives
  • Transfer of explosive goods
  • Estate agents
  • Branches
  • Fish auctions
  • Fluorinated greenhouse gases (f-gases)
  • Aerial photography
  • F-tax and VAT registration (application)
  • Conduct a driving school
  • Amusement games
  • Laboratory animals
  • Trading partnerships
  • Hotels and guesthouse operations
  • Hazardous goods
  • Debt collection activities
  • Certificate issuers for financial plans
  • Cash register certification
  • Inspection of pets
  • Inspection of food laboratories
  • Hallmarking of precious metals
  • Landscape information
  • Lasers
  • Food controls
  • Microwave drying
  • Narcotics
  • Natural gas pipelines
  • Oil tanks
  • Circumcision of boys
  • PCB products
  • Postal activities
  • Non-prescription (over-the-counter) medicines
  • Travel agents, tour operators
  • Registered public accounting firm
  • Auditors
  • Pipelines
  • Insemination activities
  • Nautical charts
  • Hydrographic survey
  • Ship chandlers
  • Slaughter of farmed game
  • Slaughter of poultry
  • Slot machines
  • Conduct a driving school
  • Bonded warehouse (operation)
  • Temporary warehousing facility (permit)
  • Veterinarian
  • Wine producer
  • Driving training

Services not covered

  • Financial services 
  • Security services
  • Electronic communication services
  • Audiovisual services
  • Transport services
  • Healthcare services
  • Gambling activities 
  • Taxation
Go to Your Europe website

Help and advice for EU nationals

Your Europe is an EU website designed to help you do things in other European countries – avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and unnecessary bureaucracy.

I want to leave feedback

Help us improve!

Let us know what you think by rating the page and answering a few questions.

Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth

Back to top