Guide to start a business – text version of imageThe page was last modified:
On this page you will find information about:
- Formulate your idea!
- Test your idea
- Bounce your idea off someone
- Make a budget
- Your team!
- Plan your marketing!
- Finance your start
- Do you need any special permits for your business?
- Chose your form of business
- What will your business be called?
- Start and register your business at verksamt.se
- Register your trademark!
- Apply for tax
- Register for VAT
- Calculate your tax
- Insure your business!
- Launch your product or service!
- Work like mad
- Get your business up and running!
- Pay your tax and VAT
- Employ staff
- Expand your network
- Sustainable business
- Security – if life takes a new turn
- Evaluate your business plan and budget
- When your first years is up
- Grow your business
- Export your goods och services
- Finance your business growth
Write down your idea and begin a business plan.
Conduct a market survey to find out who your customers are.
Get help from an advisor and people in your networks.
- Start-up budget
- Profit/ loss budget
- Liquidity budget
Check with customers what it costs!
Find people to work or collaborate with.
- Your own money
Apply in good times!
Limited company, economic association trading partnership, limited partnership.
Limited company, sole trader.
When you´re chosen the form for your business, your are ready to start!
Your business name is your display window. It makes it easier for customers to finns you.
The Swedish Intellectual Property Office (PRV) can help you.
You can do this at verksamt.se using e-identification.
Estimate how much income tax and employer´s contributions you should pay.
Reach more people and get new customers through social media.
Don´t forget to send invoices in good time.
How is your business doing so far?
- Learn how VAT works
- Report and pay
- How much is your own money?
Get help from Arbetsförmedlingen when recruiting.
Keep an eye on:
- Employer´s contributions and taxes
- Employment contracts.
Be responsible and work for a positive impact.
Anything I can improve?
- Close accounts for the year.
- Submit your tax return and pay tax in time to Skatteverket.
- Submit your annual report to Bolagsverket.
Establish in a new market and expand your customer base.
Take your business to the world.
- Venture capital – find an external financer and partner.
- Apply for public funding.
The world is now at your feet!
Responsible: Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth